6 Quick & Easy Occupied Home Staging Tips
If you want to take advantage of the last of the spring and summer home sales, you'll want to follow these 6 quick and easy staging tips to get your home sold fast. Hopefully, you will have already organized, decluttered and updated a few things in your home in order to make it ready for the final touch - staging!
According to Zillow, Realtors name curb appeal the #1 factor in selling, so I have 3 tips to spruce up the outside of your home in minutes.
- Do some landscaping, make sure your lawn in green and manicured, add some potted flowers to the front porch, cut any dead trees, touch up the wood chips or rocks.
- Buy a brand new welcome mat and decorative door hanger
- Power wash walkway, driveway, house and roof
The second group of tips is regarding in the inside of your home. The essence of staging is to allow homeowners to visualize themselves in your home. If you are staying in your home while it is on the market, as a majority of home owners do, it is imperative to reduce the clutter! (I know I sound a little like a broken record..)
- Pack up anything out of season, not used recently or frequently and store it in the garage, storage unit or get a donation run together!
- Neutralize your home - take down family/personal photos, and extreme color or design choices.
- Make the house look clean and smell nice (Some best choices of candles are cupcake or cookie scents as they make families feel at home!)
See I told you that was quick and easy! If you aren't sure of how to do any of these, want some help executing these ideas, or want to know more of my suggestions, please reach out to me. I am happy to come out for an in-home consultation and provide my report of recommendations to get the maximum value for your home. Happy summer selling!